14 Jun 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey role too spicy for me: Selena Gomez


Selena Gomez has said that taking up the role of Anna Steele in the movie adaptation of the erotic novel Fifty Shades Of Grey, will be too much for her. The former Disney star has already made a parody video based on E. L. James’ steamy best-selling novel about a young college graduate, 


who is introduced to the world of bondage and kinky sex by manipulative billionaire Christian Grey but said that taking on the role in the upcoming film adaptation would be a step too far.
“I only read the beginning of it, because when they told me about the skit, I didn’t know what it was about. So I started to read it, and I was like, ‘Oh, this is spicy.’ So I thought it was good, it was intriguing,” Contactmusic quoted the teen star as telling MTV News.

“I don’t think I would [take on the role]. I know I’m taking risks, but I don’t think I could do that! That would be a little too much for me. I think someone older should do that part,” she said.

Recently, American Psycho author Bret Easton Ellis had suggested that Scarlett Johansson should take on the role and had even offered to write the script.

In a series of tweets which have now been deleted from his Twitter account, he wrote: “I’m putting myself out there to write the movie adaptation [of Fifty Shades Of Grey]... This is not a joke. Christian Grey and Ana: potentially great cinematic characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment