· Turn the tap off when not in use especially when you brush your teeth or wash clothes. Avoid leakage of water from the taps.
· Rainwater harvesting is the another method to conserve water.
· The water supply should be limited in those areas which enjoys the unlimited water supplies.
· Check the leakage of water in the toilets. Also get check the hidden water leaks.
· Educate the mind of the people in the rural areas to save the water.
· Promote the conservation of water through media and wall posters.
· Never throw the water unnecessary on roads which can be used for gardening and cleaning.
· Avoid unnecessary flushing the toilets. Dispose off the tissues, cigarettes and other waste into the bin instead of toilets.
· Use minimum amount of water to bath.
· Water Waste restrictions.
· Improvement in the water distribution system.
· Water your lawn only when it is needed.
· Use a broom instead of hose to clean the sidewalks or to wash the car.
· Capture the water that is leaking and repair it as soon as possible.
· You can use washing machine to wash clothes that does not consume much water.
· Donot leave the tap running while washing the dishes in the kitchen.
· Install small shower heads to reduce the flow of water.
Benefits to Conserve water :
· If you save water it can save your money bills.
· Reduction in interior water use cuts waste water flows, especially overflowing of gutters which contaminates the environment.
· Environment benefits include eco system and habitat protection.
· Water conservation helps in improving the quality of your drinking water.