18 Aug 2011

Selena Gomez Castigates Former Boyfriend


Selena Gomez has slammed an unnamed former boyfriend for his controlling ways in an interview with a magazine.
Selena says her efforts to please him made her lose herself.
"I wasn't myself for a year. I think that was really damaging," Selena told Top of the Pops Magazine.
"I felt like it was me who was always trying to be perfect for him. Everyone around me hated him but I didn't listen. I think I had to go through it because now I'm the strongest I've been."
"I dare someone to try and change me again," she challenged.
Since Selena started dating current boyfriend Justin Bieber her dress code appears more relaxed, even edgy.
She has been photographed in a bikini on several occasions and has appeared in edgy outfits during performances of her currently underwayWe Own the Night tour .
Selena recalled how she couldn't wear what she felt comfortable with because her former boyfriend wanted her to be always prim and proper.
"I always dressed nice. I don't think he ever saw me in sweatpants - and I love sweatpants," she said. "I'd always be well-mannered and go to his favorite restaurants or whatever."
"There was a point where I lost myself completely. I didn't smile as much, I didn't laugh as much. I wasn't a goofball. I didn't get up and dance like I usually do.
"And when that one ended, I didn't know where I was. But I got it back and was really happy. My family were happy to have me back."
Selena dated Nick Jonas in 2008 and briefly again in early 2010.
She was romantically linked to Taylor Lautner for 2-3 months starting April 2009.
Romance rumors started after Selena and Taylor, both in Vancouver on different projects, were spotted spending time together at restaurants in late April. Taylor, then 17, was in the Canadian city filming the Twilight sequel New Moon, while Selena, then 16, was there filming the movie adaptation of children's book Ramona And Beezus.


No comments:

Post a Comment