4 May 2012

The Avengers Movie Review


Before I start this review I should place all of my cards on the table and be completely honest with you. I have never read ”The Avengers” comic. I have never read “Iron Man,” “Captain America,” “The Hulk” (or is it “The Incredible Hulk?”). I didn’t know who the Black Widow was until Iron Man 2 came out. Oh… and I was not excited for this movie. Not even slightly.
Curious, yes. But not excited.
“The Avengers” has been in development for more than half a decade when production began on the first Iron Man film, and it continued on to “The Incredible Hulk” with Edward Norton, “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” and, of course, “Captain America.” So when “The Avengers” was finally due to assemble this year I thought, what more could this possibly be than a movie loaded with cheap cameos? We take a bunch of characters from what seems like completely different worlds and throw them all together in a blender and hope it makes a decent shake. It won’t work.
Boy, was I wrong.
The Avengers wastes no time, picking up immediately where Thor’s bonus scene (at the end of the credits) left off. The secret to our energy problems boil down to a mysterious blue, glowing cube (see Captain America) that is supposed to hold unlimited energy capable of powering the whole planet… or destroy it, naturall

Assemble the family, this is your film for the weekend. It’s fun and despite a few plot holes works perfectly. And when the credits roll, don’t get up and leave. Stay until the end… the very end. Trust me. 

Trailer:






2 comments:

  1. Yeah Hulk! He and Iron Man could have taken on the Aliens by themselves, no problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hulk is the only guy who made the movie amazing!

    ReplyDelete