11 May 2012

Justin Bieber's "Turn To You" An Ode To His 'Brave' Mom



Justin Bieber has dropped his ode to his mama, Pattie Mallette, just in time for Mother's Day. The song, a guitar-driven ballad titled "Turn to You," breaks down the pair's life together, and their early struggles as Mallette worked to raise a baby Bieber as a teenager.

Over jangly guitars, Bieber recalls, "You worked two jobs to keep a roof up over our heads/ You chose life for me, no you never gave up/ I admire you for the strength you instilled in me/ You were so young, you were just my age when you had me/ Mom, you were so brave, there was nothing that would stop or get in our way/ And I know you will always be there for me."

The song's empowering message really picks up on the chorus, when he proclaims, "So when you're lost/ And you're tired when you're broken in two/ Let my love take you higher cause I still turn to you."

"I wrote a song for my mom. But I'm going to put it out on Mother's Day," he told MTV News, explaining why Mama Mallette was worthy of her own track. "[It's] about the struggles, I say in the song. She had me at like the age I am now. [It's about] just the struggles she went through and how brave she was, and I think the world needed to know that."

Shortly after releasing the song on Thursday, he had a very specific message for all the moms out there: "Help moms in need. Give them strength. thank u mom," he tweeted. "it's on ITUNES. Happy Mother's Day Weekend. this is for my mom and all those moms out there."



No comments:

Post a Comment